Lib Dems run a mile
January 22, 2012 9:56 PM
Brentwood's Lib Dem team are running the Brentwood Mile at this year's Sport Relief Event.
They'll join hundreds of other fundraisers at Brentwood County High School and King George's Park and kick off the event at midday. They will all be running one mile, but there's the option to run three or six miles too.
Cllr David Kendall, who will be on of those sporting Comic Relief socks on the day as well as Cllr Ross Carter and Karen Chilvers, said:
"Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, raise cash and change lives and we are proud to be a part of it. We are running the one mile as a team to show support for our fellow Brentwood runners who will be among the one million runners on the day and raise money for charities in the UK and across the world."
Fellow councillors Barry Aspinell, Vicky Davies, Philip Mynott and James Sapwell are also in the team.
"If residents want to sponsor us, which we would be really grateful for, this can be done at http://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/BrentwoodLibDemsMile.
About Sport Relief:
- As one of the UK's biggest fundraising events, Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, raise cash and change lives. All the money raised by the public helps people living incredibly tough lives, both at home in the UK and across the world's poorest countries.
- As the nation celebrates the biggest ever year of sport, the entire country can join in the fun with Sport Relief 2012 from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th March.
- Over one million people are expected to take part in the Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile as they raise cash to change lives at home and across the world's poorest countries. And, with a whole weekend of entertainment planned across the BBC, it's all set to be huge.
- For some ideas on how to get involved in Sport Relief 2012, visit the website: www.sportrelief.com.
- Over the past decade, a staggering £124m has been raised through Sport Relief and a lot of lives have been transformed as a result.
- Sport Relief is an initiative of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland).